In what feels like the blink of an eye my girl who has a special place in my heart is becoming a teenager.
I can't begin to capture the joy and happiness that she creates.
(Is it too dramatic to say that? Will she think that I'm a right old softie?)
I do think it's safe to say that she knows that she is loved and she knows that I am proud of her and of the way that she is growing into a beautiful young lady. I feel really lucky that we still have valuable chat time and there are many life lessons that over time I'll share with her. I could probably write a book of them, but I'm sure someone has beaten me to that!
Now as she hovers on the cusp of the next milestone in life I wonder what's ahead of her?
Her dreams are not my dreams and vice versa but I do wish her certain things.
- I hope that she continues to approach life with a smile on her face.
- I hope that she maintains the compassion, kindness and respect that she has for others and can practise this on herself too!
- I hope that she makes life long and meaningful friendships with people that will love her as she deserves to be loved.
- I hope that she finds her voice in the world and isn't afraid to use it.
- I hope that she can keep building her resilience and that her heart will be strong enough to manage those challenges that will inevitably come her way.
- I hope that she never forgets that I will always be her biggest supporter...Yes, there will be times that I won't necessarily agree with everything that she chooses and does...(I'm not that naive), but I will be there for her.
So to my teenage Sibsy girl - get prepared to over-live your life, open your eyes and embrace opportunities, give things a go, have fun along the way, and don't forget your manners!
Love you now, always and forever
(and more than you'll ever know...)