Friday 24 December 2010

Waiting for Santa...


It's Christmas eve and all the jobs are done. Minced pies are cooked, meats have been roasted, presents wrapped, glass of Baileys and some chocolate by my side..., but there's one slight problem....little Sibs is just too excited to sleep!
She went to bed at 8pm which by usual standards is late, and we expected the calls of "I can't sleep!", but I didn't expect this!

Being eight years old I sort of expected her to be a bit 'over' Santa this year, but hey no...she's more excited than ever! (Which up until about 9pm was kind of sweet). I am however savouring every second.

Santa has two messages tonight - a note written on the cupboard door and a Christmas card telling him exactly where she has left her stocking.
Her Santa letter this year said

"I don't mind what I get this year, just some surprises please"

We also went to visit him at one of the department stores and she even went to the bathroom just before to get her hair tidy!!

Husband reluctantly went to lie by her side at about 10.30 and hasn't returned yet....so I'm guessing that I'll be turning out the Christmas tree lights by myself tonight...
At least it's all quiet now so fingers crossed she's enjoying some happy dreams.

I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and a very happy weekend.
I hope the man in the red suit brings you just what you wished for.
Nadolig Llawen i bawb
xxx

2 Comments and thoughts:

  1. Looking at your Brisbane clock on the right, you should be having dancing sugar plums about now :)

    Have a wonderful day - indeed, savor each one with our little ones

    Merry Christmas to you and your family
    XO L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Beth! The older pixies were okay getting to sleep last night but tonight they were overtired and over-excited and it's taken hours. Sigh. A full and fun day here on PB but now I'm spent.

    I hope you're having a wondrous and blessed time with your sweet family, Beth. I'm so delighted to have found you in Blogland this year. J x

    ReplyDelete