Tuesday 4 December 2012

One more sleep...


It doesn't matter how organised I think I am there is always a whole heap of things to do right at the very last minute...

It's one more sleep until we leave the heat of Summer in Brisbane to fly to the other side of the world to a cold Winter Christmas. It's predicted to get to 39 degrees here today....yep, 39 degrees! At this precise moment it's 3 degrees in Cardiff - a drop of 36 degrees!

I am so excited to be able to show Sibs all that I remember about Christmas. The abundance of lights and decorations in the city; the carols and music; warm mince pies; hot chocolate; mulled wine...
We are going to see a pantomime at the local Pageant Room; we have tickets booked for Phantom of the Opera; there's a weekend in London; some time in Paris; a trip to the Lake District, not to mention the catch ups with precious friends and family. I....Can't...Wait...

The ipad has been updated with the latest ios thingamajig so I am hoping that I will be able to blog a little whilst I'm away. I also plan to post photos on instagram as and when I can get Internet access. The link to that is HERE  if you don't have a smart phone.

So back to my huge list....

Buy extra cat food = check
Stock up on contact lenses = check
Haircut = check
Write up a huge list of instructions for the house sitters = check
Tidy all kitchen drawers and cupboards = check (they have never looked so good!)
pack suitcases = half check
clean bathrooms = no check

On that note I have a dozen or so jobs to do before I escape to my yoga class for an hour.

Enjoy the Summer heat fellow Aussies and I can't wait to see you fellow Brits!

Bon voyage to me!


PS no photos in this post as Google tells me I'm out of space and I have no time to investigate this morning. Could be just instagram during my trip then....
x

10 Comments and thoughts:

  1. Have a wonderful trip Beth and I look forward to seeing bits of it all on Instagram.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I know it will
    be as wonderful and
    magical as you describe.
    Our week in London over
    Thanksgiving was such
    a treat for the senses ~
    so much to see, do and
    just take in with the eyes!

    I'll be watching for your
    IG's!!

    Have a ball.

    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great holiday Beth. I love reading your blog. Looks like a lovely lovely trip, you are doing all the things I would be doing if I was going over again. have a lovely show in London, I just love going to shows in London, I get really excited about them! and the Paris trip.....sigh.... I will be sticky-beaking at all of this on your Instagram! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Beth - just ignore that warning from google - it will still display your photos just fine but at a smaller resolution. i have been getting that warning for about a year now on my blog. it will still be fine.
    safe travels.
    cheers Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that bit of advice Fiona, much appreciated
      x

      Delete
  5. Bon voyage - how a wonderful and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great trip!! You're going to love it, it's sooooo cold and Christmassy here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time back home Beth! I am on IG too now, so can read along.
    Hugs, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth, oh you are going home for Christmas, how lovely! Have a fabulous time! Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful time, have a break from blogging and catch up when you get home. You deserve a break and we will still be here when you get back. If you have been posting lots of large photos on your blog that will be your problem and you will either have to edit and reduce to gain space or buy some more. A task for the New Year on your return.

    ReplyDelete