Saturday 24 December 2011

'Twas the night before Christmas...

...and everyone was exhausted!


I don't know if it's the same in your house, but this one has been buzzing with activity these last couple of weeks. There have been play days and sleepovers, baking and crafting, even a dinner party thrown in to test me!

So now it's Christmas eve and the house is quiet, even the cats are hiding somewhere in anticipation of the man in the red suit turning up...

The Christmas cake is ready, the turkey has been cooked, the sweet things have been baked, the fridge is bulging at the seams and I'm taking a quick five minutes to myself before I double check that everything is done....is it ever??

So a 'typical' Christmas week down here in Australia has included...


Not quite ice skating.



Sushi train lunch


Carols by candlelight in the local park.


Some relaxation with a coffee and the papers.


A bit of a shop....well there was a sale on!



Tonight we went to see some of the local houses that have put up a few festive lights!


Then came back to chop up some carrot for Rudolph, some watermelon for Santa and to write him a note.

I'm holding on to the magic that is the aniticipation of Christmas...
I wonder if this will be the last time that it will be quite this exciting?

I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas holiday near and far.

Nadolig llawen i bawb.


3 Comments and thoughts:

  1. Nodolig Llawen to you and family

    Thank you for your post, support and comments.

    Nollaig Shona

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Beth. I hope you've had a love-filled and joyous day. J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a bit exhausting isn't it! Hope you actually chilled out on Christmas day and had a lovely family time together.

    ReplyDelete