It's not a very inspiring blog post title is it?
But you know what...? Some days are just what they are - a day.
Some weeks lots of exciting and interesting things happen
and other times it's just everyday life kind of a day.
Today is one of those days.
Tuesday is one of my days. I don't go to work on a Tuesday.
I get to enjoy a me day on a Tuesday.
There's still the morning routine of getting to school on time, and everything that goes on behind the scenes to make that happen, but once I walk out of school assembly.....
I have started a new yoga class with a new teacher on a Tuesday morning and it really sets me up for the day. Four of us have got together and we are going back to basics and re-learning all the things that you try and pick up in a larger class and hope that you're doing it right.
Who would have thought that standing up could take such concentration?
By the end of the hour my body feels relaxed and my mind is clear and focused. I get the best night's sleep on a Tuesday too.
Before I get to sink into my bed what else fills a day?
- Today I watched my girl play recorder at school assembly then picked up boxes and ribbons for the baking that I'm doing for the mega school fete next weekend.
- I did the weekly shop in the supermarket, the fruit and veg shop and the butchers. Came home, unpacked the groceries, grabbed some cheese and crackers, got a swimming bag ready and a snack box and picked up Sibs from school.
- Straight off to a swimming lesson, home for some tea, oversaw some maths homework.
- Dropped her back at school for an extra strings ensemble rehearsal for the fete (told you it was a big week).
- Home for an hour and started to make 6 batches of biscotti....
- Back to school to pick up, home,made some toast and a glass of milk, kissed goodnight and finished off the biscotti.
It's cooling as I type and should be ready to be sliced and cooked for the second time in a minute.
Just everyday life...