Monday 18 June 2012

A present from me to me!


I've had a crazy busy day today and have just sat down to watch the result show of The Voice. It's being recorded so I've pressed pause to write this post.

We have some very exciting news happening this week....I'll definitely write about it at the end of the week, but in the meantime...I want to share a parcel that arrived for me a few days ago.



A few months ago I came across a blog written by the lovely Nellie McCarthy - HERE.  She was talking about going self employed after some years as a banker and I was curious to see what she would do next. So the other day I decided to have a bit more of a browse through her online store and came across so many things that seemed to have my name written all over them!
I restrained myself and only ordered a couple of things and they arrived beautifully wrapped a few days later.


The canvas is a Jane Austen quote from 'Emma'. I'm a massive Jane Austen geek  fan and it's just perfect!
I thought that the spoons were just so pretty and have been looking for some that I could use for those special occasions - and there they were. They have little glass decorations on the ends - just lovely.

I've now got my eye on some cute little milk bottles that she has just added to her collection....

McCarthy Designs and Styling can be found here - http://www.mccarthydesigns.com.au/

Have to go now - I want to know who won on The Voice!

6 Comments and thoughts:

  1. Hi Beth, I hope you enjoyed the finale of 'The Voice', we watched it too, and Tom Jones was fabulous.
    Your new purchases are lovely, and I so agree with that Jane Austen quote.
    Many thanks for your very kind remarks. I had my home photographed for 'Country Homes and Interiors' a couple of years ago and it was a total eye opener. All kitchen clutter is swept away, no wonder magazine kitchens look like no-one cooks in them. Hope you are well, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh so that was the finale of "The Voice"? We here in NZ are just getting this prog, we are only into three weeks of audtions. Must confess I haven't watched them as I am only interested once they actually start the singing comp. Anyhoooo I love that quote, and the colour is gorgeous. Nellie had some gorgeous cushions on there a few weeks back, I fell in love with them. I would buy them in a heartbeat if she did postage to NZ. Nevermind. BTW I have a set of those bottles and they are so cute. I use them for so much. Enjoy your presents to your self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you like Beth, I love seeing photos of you house it looks fantastic. Thank you so much for the mention of my store, it is so lovely of you. Hope you are having a lovely morning and enjoy your day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't the finale great? I am so pleased with the winner and runner up :)
    That quote is lovely as are the spoons. I have my eye on a few things in Nellie's shop too, might pop over now for another look.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Beth, loving the presents!! Colours are fab, currently trying to collect "stuff"! for when we decorate the living room. Laura Ashley has sale on so going to order some new curtains today and also get some wallpaper for big spare room. Mr D cannot say much after "present" he got at the weekend, although me thinks I will use it just as much as him, given chance!! Not much room for mum and her wheelchair or three dogs!!! Asuming you saw pictures of course!!!! Love Wend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Jane Austen quote Beth!

    ReplyDelete