Sunday 13 February 2011

Weekend happennings

Can you believe that it's Sunday again? Another week and another weekend gone by...

I am still going with the earlier to bed earlier to rise thing - not particularly successful mind you! I loved reading the comments that I got for my last post- thank you. I'm coming to the conclusion that being brought up in the Northern hemisphere (where for about 10 months a year you get up in the cold and dark) has shaped my sleep patterns! I will persevere, but I might just have to adopt the 'sleep camel' way where I get to stock up on my sleep on weekends...I like that idea, thanks Sonia, it made me chuckle.

So what did we get up to this weekend?

Well, the Saturday market routine was restored, followed by coffee and pastries by the pool. Then later on Saturday morning, squeezed in before ballet class and a birthday party, Sibs went to Ballymore to a "Meet the players" session with the Queensland Reds. (For those not in the know that"s the local rugby union team!)



She stuck out like a sore thumb in her green top as all the other kids seem to wear the red team shirt...but she didn't mind, or even notice! She had her pink butterfly pen at the ready and her dad's cap and really enjoyed getting as many autographs as she could. 

Then this morning we were invited out for breakfast. This is quite a common thing here - and it's very family friendly. After bacon and eggs (cooked on the bbq) we watched the recorded six nations rugby, and this time...I was on the winning sofa! Our Scottish hosts were very gracious in defeat!

The weekend ended with a trip up Mount Coot-tha to take a view of the city. This is a shot taken from the top of the mountain. If you look closely you can see Suncorp stadium to the far right of the photo and South Bank Parklands Brisbane Wheel to the left. Every time I see this view, it always strikes me how small Brisbane city centre is.


On the way home we checked to see how some of the locals were doing after the floods and were rewarded with the fact that Sushi Lovers, Rosalie was open for business. Of course we had to stop for a bite to eat...


They only re-opened this weekend - one month after being submerged under water. Either side of Sushi Lovers the eateries are still closed and we watched a lone painter working away in the fish and chip shop on a Sunday evening...it's still tough for many places. 

Hope your weekend was fun.
x

0 Comments and thoughts:

Post a Comment